The doctors at Eye Associates of New Jersey take LASIK eye surgery and refractive surgery very seriously. It is important for all of our patients to be properly educated about refractive surgery options in order for us to determine what is the best possible vision correction solution for you. More specifically, we encourage you to consult with us regarding your options.
We have organized information regarding options for vision correction below. Please familiarize yourself with some of the vision correction options that we offer:If you have any additional questions regarding LASIK eye surgery, Intralase Blade-FREE LASIK, questions regarding candidacy, or the risks and results of LASIK please do not hesitate to call us. Eye Associates of New Jersey is your source for quality LASIK eye surgery in New Jersey.
- Lasik is eye surgery to a very sensitive and delicate part of the eye.
- Hundreds of thousands of people have had Lasik, most very successfully.
- As with any surgery, there are risks and possible lasik related complications. Please feel free to do alternative research on the associated risks with this type of LASIK eye surgery.
- Lasik may not give you complete perfect vision. Unrealistic expectations are not a positive just because a friend has perfect vision from LASIK. If you have Lasik to correct your distance vision, you'll still need reading glasses around age 40 and above because you will naturally start to develop an inability to read.
- Lasik surgery cannot be reversed. You may consider some of the reversible refractive surgery techniques but always consult an ophthalmologist.
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) reports that seven out of 10 patients achieve 20/20 vision, but 20/20 does not always mean perfect vision.
Click here for a list of FDA approved lasers
|How LASIK works|
|Am I A Candidate?|